Skip to main content

A Journey Traveled - Circling Back

Where Have All the Flowers Gone?
One might ask yourself that question after a significant period of time has passed and you look back over your shoulder and see the many trenches, pitfalls and distractions on your life path you have endured.  Perhaps asking where have all the flowers gone is a great analogy for the more certain and true questions -
  • How have I lived my life on this journey?
  • Who did I influence and make a difference for?
  • Did I stop and create the flowers in my life that blossomed into a wonderful moment?
  • Were the moments in my life seeds sewn to create beauty and positivity with others?
  • What is my legacy and how have I served others?
Certainly, at some point in our lives these or similar questions pose for us moments of pondering and reflection.  Why is that we wait for a tragedy or difficult challenge to ask ourselves such inwardly directly questions?  Why are we not evaluating our goals and directions daily.

The circle of life offers us moments to ponder as a way to check ourselves and give us relevant, real, information to determine our paths.  It is human nature that when life is going well we slip into complacency because our status quo is not disrupted.  We do not question what we feel and yet we should.  Complacency breeds limited thinking, however curious questions and self checks breed a means to evaluate ourselves, our direction and goals. This action simultaneously engages a call to action. 

Growing up I used to think the "She'll be right" meaning all is well was okay.  However, many years later after some significant tragic life experiences, I would have to say, that is not a way to live.  Being engaged in life and living it manifests a far greater, brighter crop of flowers. Instead of asking "where have all the flowers gone," we are celebrating with vibrancy that there is a field of dreams, flowers ready for us to explore and enjoy.

It has been two years to the day since I penned or typed a blog.  I have smelt many flowers, picked roses, delighted in colour and wilted at the challenges.  My path has been hewn with rock, weeds and long deep crevasses that I placed there of my choosing when I limited my thinking.  I knew what I was experiencing but did not have the tools in my belt to remove the weeds of limited thinking.

In a moment of truth, the universe sent me a message covered with a large dose of reality.  Either I had to pick up the message, accept the truth or continue on my journey knowing, really knowing that I was stopping my own capacity to be great.  It was the stuff made of the things you know that you didnt know.

To pick up the message and run with it or not to pick up the call to action.  That was a very deep Shakespearean question and moment.  With all the ferver I had, fear in my belly and all, I jumped without a parachute into the abyss called the universe is talking to you.

My call to action was here right in front of my eyes, circling back to me that I had started 2 years ago only this time it came with tools to solidfy what I innately knew.  Are you on the edge of your seat wondering what that was?

I will tell you in an up and coming PODCAST - Risk for Bliss with Gabriel Leal my co-host.  As the days move forward in preparation for this amazing event, please watch this blog page. I will turn up the dial/volume on publishing.  It is my wish to create an environment to education, inspire, uplift and grow your lives so that you don't ask where have all the flowers gone?  Here you are certain to receive positive vibrations, light, joy, hope, support, care, fun and love.  We all need these essential truths and actions in our lives on a daily basis.

BE AMAZING, HAVE JOY, DO GREAT ACTS OF KINDNESS

Comments

Popular Thought Provocation

Unsung Exraordinary Hero - It's never to late to find your purpose and live your dreams

Ageism, what is it anyway?  I had not heard that term until recently.  I would have to say that age is not a criteria for being an Unsung Hero. In fact there is no age limit to heroism.  We all can step through the door and create a life of meaning regardless of our age, status, education or creed.  You are never to old to make a difference now.  We all can learn from each other.   Let me introduce our shooting star and unsung hero Garrett Hardy, who defies ageism, with heart, intellect, drive and passion  is hot on the trail of manifesting his life's purpose. Garrett's innovative problems solving thought process, with the culmination of a dynamic team are on the path to solve a serious problem.  This change is critical to the landscape and climate of Mental Health Awareness and care. With limited resources available for mental wellness something has to be done.   The system of care is expensive and slow, leaving loved ones to suffer in silence. People innately want to help o

Unsung Extraordinary Hero - Glenn Marsden putting life and heart into Mental Health

The definition of a HERO based on author, J eff Sanderfer is someone who shapes events, who acts rather than watches, who is creative and brave."(1). When I think of an Unsung Extraordinary Hero, I think of the creator and director behind the highly acclaimed Imperfectly Perfect Campaign. This man epitomizes  action, shaping culture - social values, creativity and innovation in his approach to put life and heart into Mental Health. As I sit pensively waiting for that moment to connect with none other than Yorkshire born, Glenn Marsden, I explore the world of Imperfectly Perfect Campaign.org.  When you launch the web  page, o ne is immediately intrigued by the stories and pictures that resonate a truth.   Instantly you see unfiltered real photographs of influential public figures. The faces bear the grief and hardship of mental illness. These people live amongst us with voices that are neither yelling or screaming but talking, rather frankly and poignantly about their battle. We ar

Unsung Extraordinary Hero - A Journey to Fulfilling a Calling to Be a Voice

In the wake of current life situations with COVID-19 Pandemic the word HERO only synonymous with comic books has become a household word. We are in a time and place where we desperately need the visibility and creation of heros, heroines, people who are heroic.  From a college course book in one of my business classes, the definition in this time and space is certainly appropriate. In the introduction, Jeff Sanderfer said, " heroic people - people who shape events, who act rather than watch, who are creative and brave."(1.) This is a moment to ask yourself the hard questions that often we ignore or pass over.  What is the journey or path to becoming a #HERO.  Is it at the root of what we have done most of our life, or did we receive an experience due to external influences or was there a singular internal event that changes our lives.   Perhaps it is best described as a calling or as I read recently a VOCATION, which in latin VOCARE means "to call." Did you come to