Skip to main content

The Journey - Getting Personal

When I started writing it was  02:18 am where I live.  I was awakened and summoned from my slumber to meet my truth.  Many years ago in the wake of a loss, many losses all at once, family therapy seemed to be the way to restore my sleep then, since it was ambivalently not open to a way to evoke restoring my body.  An intuitive therapist taught me to be awake to my un-sleep through truth. Over two decades later and I am here again, it is my mind, and heart getting me to see and process my truth(s).  Everybody's truth is different, for some it may be  seeing a situation for what it was but for me it is admitting my lack of capacity to deal with a situation and I needed help to take a moment to recover and refocus.

Somehow over the years I have come the sordid conclusion that not being put together  Aka strong, was bad form or worse  a weakness.  Recently, amid the challenges we all face with COV-19, I found that it is okay, to have a moment when it is tough to see the forest for the trees, that in that moment of breaking yourself down and allowing yourself to feel, that you see the path behind you and ahead of you more clearly.

It is a fact of life, we have to live and grow through experiences without them defining us negatively.  I have buried two infant children, been divorced, buried a spouse, and am now raising a special needs child who I adopted. This mention isn't a flag or right of achievement/passage, as if to say here look at my scars.  What matters to you as the reader is that I have lived through such things much like anyone else but the difference has been my perspective is focused on the positives.

How do you bounce back, recover from these moments?  Crying in my soup is not going to change my situation, but changing my perspective and attitude will.  As Matt Boggs, an excellent and powerful provider of understanding the law of attraction, states in a meditation, I use daily, I am free to live life fully as I choose. At this very moment, the encouragement I would give, is to find your way to express and live your life fully as you choose.

Truly believe in who you are and what you have to offer. It is perfectly okay to give yourself permission to have a bad or rough day.  By indulging in such activities, you are creating opportunities to let go of the negative, so that your well is ready to receive the good.  We cannot enjoy the sun, moon and starts if we cannot enjoy and appreciate ourselves.  We are vessels that need nourishment, that is positive and every chance we get, it is important to clean out the pollution mentally, emotionally and physically.  We expose ourselves to stress and negativity that is harmful to our inner being, soul and yet we worry more about our environment than ourselves. 

So I am going to cry for a moment to release the toxins in my heart, mind and soul because I need to do that in order to move forward.  Let me say emphatically, in my opinion, crying is not a weakness, it is a means and way that our body uses for us to release what is causing us strife.  Strife as in stress, worry, anxiety, not being enough, measuring up, performing at societies pace, and in my case no sleep. I don't have to be strong every day, I choose to be but when I am not, it is okay and purposeful to gain courage to keep moving forward.   I have to walk in my moment allowing that to be a part of growth and  strength becoming the most unique expression of life I can offer the world.



______________________________

Kudos and Acknowledgement - Mary Morrisey and her son Matt Boggs along with Natalie Ledwell are phenomenal leaders in their craft of mindset and the law of attraction.  There are numerous classes and free offers that can help you build and change your life.


Comments

Popular Thought Provocation

Unsung Exraordinary Hero - It's never to late to find your purpose and live your dreams

Ageism, what is it anyway?  I had not heard that term until recently.  I would have to say that age is not a criteria for being an Unsung Hero. In fact there is no age limit to heroism.  We all can step through the door and create a life of meaning regardless of our age, status, education or creed.  You are never to old to make a difference now.  We all can learn from each other.   Let me introduce our shooting star and unsung hero Garrett Hardy, who defies ageism, with heart, intellect, drive and passion  is hot on the trail of manifesting his life's purpose. Garrett's innovative problems solving thought process, with the culmination of a dynamic team are on the path to solve a serious problem.  This change is critical to the landscape and climate of Mental Health Awareness and care. With limited resources available for mental wellness something has to be done.   The system of care is expensive and slow, leaving loved ones to suffer in silence. People innately want to help o

Unsung Extraordinary Hero - Glenn Marsden putting life and heart into Mental Health

The definition of a HERO based on author, J eff Sanderfer is someone who shapes events, who acts rather than watches, who is creative and brave."(1). When I think of an Unsung Extraordinary Hero, I think of the creator and director behind the highly acclaimed Imperfectly Perfect Campaign. This man epitomizes  action, shaping culture - social values, creativity and innovation in his approach to put life and heart into Mental Health. As I sit pensively waiting for that moment to connect with none other than Yorkshire born, Glenn Marsden, I explore the world of Imperfectly Perfect Campaign.org.  When you launch the web  page, o ne is immediately intrigued by the stories and pictures that resonate a truth.   Instantly you see unfiltered real photographs of influential public figures. The faces bear the grief and hardship of mental illness. These people live amongst us with voices that are neither yelling or screaming but talking, rather frankly and poignantly about their battle. We ar

Unsung Extraordinary Hero - A Journey to Fulfilling a Calling to Be a Voice

In the wake of current life situations with COVID-19 Pandemic the word HERO only synonymous with comic books has become a household word. We are in a time and place where we desperately need the visibility and creation of heros, heroines, people who are heroic.  From a college course book in one of my business classes, the definition in this time and space is certainly appropriate. In the introduction, Jeff Sanderfer said, " heroic people - people who shape events, who act rather than watch, who are creative and brave."(1.) This is a moment to ask yourself the hard questions that often we ignore or pass over.  What is the journey or path to becoming a #HERO.  Is it at the root of what we have done most of our life, or did we receive an experience due to external influences or was there a singular internal event that changes our lives.   Perhaps it is best described as a calling or as I read recently a VOCATION, which in latin VOCARE means "to call." Did you come to